Philippians 4:6 Be anxious in nothing: but in every thing by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known unto God.
I'm naturally a worrier. In fact, if you looked at my junior yearbook, you would see a picture of me and underneath that, a caption saying, "Me worry? Never...." This is true and I was so far away from knowing The Lord. But even in my adult years, and having a relationship with Jesus Christ, I still find myself many days with much to worry about.
This past Sunday was an eye opener for me. In our life group we discussed Abraham and his faithfulness to God. And in our small groups, two people shared how they once were told that there is a difference between worry and concern. To worry is to have little faith. I once read that worrying is like being in a rocking chair, it will keep you busy but it will get you nowhere. I could fill up many pages with "things" I worry about daily. Most, if not all, are things that are out of my control. I have allowed Satan to fill my mind with things to worry about. Instead, I should come to God first. He tells us with him, and only him, all things are possible. I know Sunday when Pastor Drew preached on prayer and what it means to pray fervently....I looked at my own prayer life and didn't like what I see!! I've slipped along the way. I know us as women wear many hats...we are daughters, sisters, mothers, wives and we have lots of people we take care of. But are we taking good care of ourselves?? If we aren't, what good are we to the ones we love? And when I say taking good care of ourselves, I mean physically, mentally, and most importantly, spiritually! I strongly urge you, if you do not have an accountability partner ...find one!! This is someone who will hold you accountable and encourage you with your walk with Christ . What are you worrying about today? Are you taking good care of yourself? Is your prayer life pleasing to God ? I read yesterday in Jesus Calling by Sarah Young (which is fab) "The Best defense is continual communication with Me, richly seasoned with Thanksgiving. Awareness of my presence fills your mind with light and peace, leaving no room for fear."
John 14:27 Peace I leave you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you, Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid.
Matthew 11: 28-30 Come unto me, all ye that are labour and are heavy laden, and I will give you rest. Take my yoke upon you, and learn of me: for I am meek and lowly in heart; and ye shall find rest unto your souls. For my yoke is easy, and my burden is light.
I have been so blessed by these messages, going back and reflecting on my notes from Sunday, my devotional, and God's word. I pray also someone is blessed today
Tamatha
Thank you for sharing your heart Tamatha! I love how Gods word tell us He WANTS us to come to him with our cares and worries! He doesn't want us burdened but coming to him in prayer! 🙏 (Casting all your care upon Him, for he cares for you. 1peter5:7)
ReplyDelete